Auxiliary & Business Services (A&BS) is an umbrella organization for ten non-academic support units. We are one of the largest units of Penn State¹s Finance & Business. From the dining commons to the airport, two hotels, and a 16,000-seat arena that hosts sports, music, and entertainment events, A&BS provides essential services to students, faculty, staff, and the public.
Auxiliary and Business Services includes the following units:
- Housing and Food Services, the largest unit, which operates student housing and dining at eight campuses and food operations at an additional three locations
- Hospitality Services, comprised of The Nittany Lion Inn and The Penn Stater Hotel and Conference Center
- The Bryce Jordan Center
- The University Park Airport
- The Multimedia and Print Center, which includes printing, copying, and mailing services
- Procurement Services, which includes Purchasing Services, General Stores and Central Distribution, and Lion Surplus
- Transportation Services, which includes parking, fleet, bicycle, and mass transit
- id+, the University¹s identity card program
These units are supported by a centralized infrastructure that includes the following components:
- Information Technology and Marketing
- Human Resources
- Accounting and Business Operations
- Foods Purchasing
- Culinary Support Services (foods warehouse and bakery, executive chefs, and dietitian program)
Message from Gail
Penn State Auxiliary & Business Services is one of the most exciting units at Penn State. We are everywhere. You can find us in the residence halls and dining commons serving our students at ten locations across the state.
A&BS welcomes visitors to Happy Valley at the University Park Airport. We make them feel at home at our hotels and put on shows for them at the Bryce Jordan Center. Units like the Multimedia & Print Center and Transportation Services offer many services to the Penn State community, from campus mail and printing to parking and bus service.
Every Penn Stater knows the importance of their Penn State id+ Card and I am always impressed at the new advances that Procurement Services makes in its repertoire of programs and services.
So as you can see, A&BS accomplishes a lot every day and we are proud to serve the University community in so many ways. Once you step on campus, it doesn't take long to see us in action. Our goal is to offer the highest quality collection of services and assistance in the University's mission of teaching, research, and service.
Gail A. Hurley
Associate Vice President for Auxiliary & Business Services