Registered Dietitian Melissa Hendricks
Melissa is a licensed dietitian-nutritionist serving as registered dietitian for Penn State’s Auxiliary & Business Services. She joined Penn State in June 2013 after serving as the clinical dietitian for Geisinger Health System’s Center for Nutrition and Weight Management.
Melissa has a great deal of experience in dietetics and nutrition. She previously served as a consulting dietitian for Housing and Food Services and as a research support technologist in the Penn State Metabolic Study Center. In addition, Melissa spent time as an assistant manager at Penn State’s Simmons Dining Hall, as well as serving as a program nutritionist for pediatrics at the Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine.
Melissa is a member of several professional organizations, including The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the Pennsylvania Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, and the Central Pennsylvania Dietetic Association.
As part of her role as the registered dietitian, Melissa is involved in the key areas shown below.
- Develops and directs nutritional compliance
- Handles nutritional and wellness programming for all Penn State food service operations
- Ensures accurate nutrition and allergen information is available for all food items served by maintaining the nutritional database in the FoodPro software system
- Supervises and trains student nutrition assistants
- Responds to customer requests, concerns, and special needs with accurate and timely follow-up
Melissa Hendricks, Registered Dietitian
18 Housing and Foods Service Building