All online orders for General Stores products will need to be placed through Lion Marketplace.
We are the University's exclusive provider of office and janitorial supplies as well as cylinder gases. General Stores has teamed with OfficeMax to offer you superior office products, furniture, and technology products at sensible prices. Discover the many benefits of shopping at General Stores:
- Big Savings – Our products are discounted up to 75% off the list price in our Big Book section. Your shopping cart will display the special Penn State Prices.
- Janitorial and breakroom supplies for all departments and campuses. Competitive prices on paper products, batteries, non-janitorial items and more (see the front section of the General Stores catalog).
- Go Green Items – We offer a wide array of recycled office products that can be found in the General Stores Catalog or ordered online through ebuy.
- Recycled Paper – Now in stock at General Stores at a very competitive price. The order numbers are as follows:
University Park Only
- PSU - Go - Green - CT (50% - Carton)
- PSU - Go - Green - SK (50% - Skid)
- PSU - 100 - CT (100% - Carton)
- PSU - 100 - SK (100% - Skid)
Commonwealth Campuses Only
- Green - CC - SK (50% - Skid)
- PSU - 100 - CC - SK (100% - Skid)
- Free Delivery – Enjoy free & fast delivery. Most orders are next day delivery, and we deliver to all Penn State locations.
- Exceptional Service – If you can't find what you're looking for, contact us! We can assist you in locating a product or finding a replacement.
- Quality Products – Over 22,000 items to choose from in our catalog.
Central Distribution Services provides shipping and receiving services to University departments.
Our services include:
- Receiving freight shipped to our main Central Receiving dock at General Stores (behind the Office of Physical Plant Building), and creating a receipt in our electronic tracking system.
- Inspecting items received for quantity and external carton condition.
- Informing Delivery that items are ready to be delivered to the requesting department.
- Assisting with processing loss, damage claims, and returns to the freight carriers and vendors.
- Delivering all core campus shipments (purchase order and non-purchase order shipments) received at our main dock to the requesting department.
- Pick-up for common carrier outbound shipments.
For more information please visit the General Stores website.